You may qualify for a program that can cover a portion of your lost wages due to COVID-19
1. My hours are reduced because of COVID-19: File an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. UI provides a portion of your wages if your employer shuts down operations or your hours were reduced.
2. I can't work because I've been diagnosed or quarantined: File a Disability Insurance (DI) claim. If you’re unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), DI provides short-term benefit payments.
3. I can't work because I need to take care of someone who has been diagnosed: File a California Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who need time off work to care for a qualified sick family member.
4. I’m a parent and the school closures impact my child: If you can’t work because your child is impacted by school closures, you may be eligible for UI. Call the OLSE Advice Line for help in determining eligibility.
5. Where can I go to get help?: Call the County of Santa Clara OLSE Advice Line. We can help you determine eligibility for these programs.
- OLSE Advice Line: 1(866) 870 – 7725
- English, Español, Tiếng Việt, 中文, Tagalog, Visayan
6. Where can I apply for these programs? Call the California Employee Development Department (EDD)
- English 1(800) 300-5616
- Español 1(800) 326-8937
- 廣東話 1(800) 547-3506
- 普通話 1(866) 303-0706
- Tiếng Việt 1(800) 547-2058
- TTY 1(800) 815-9387
Calculate your benefits at sccfairworkplace.org
Share on Facebook!