Workers' Pay

You may qualify for a program that can cover a portion of your lost wages due to COVID-19

1. My hours are reduced because of COVID-19: File an Unemployment Insurance (UI) claim. UI provides a portion of your wages if your employer shuts down operations or your hours were reduced.

2. I can't work because I've been diagnosed or quarantined: File a Disability Insurance (DI) claim. If you’re unable to work due to having or being exposed to COVID-19 (certified by a medical professional), DI provides short-term benefit payments.

3. I can't work because I need to take care of someone who has been diagnosed: File a California Paid Family Leave (PFL) claim. PFL provides up to six weeks of benefit payments to eligible workers who need time off work to care for a qualified sick family member.

4. I’m a parent and the school closures impact my child: If you can’t work because your child is impacted by school closures, you may be eligible for UI. Call the OLSE Advice Line for help in determining eligibility.

5. Where can I go to get help?: Call the County of Santa Clara OLSE Advice Line. We can help you determine eligibility for these programs.

  • OLSE Advice Line: 1(866) 870 – 7725
  • English, Español, Tiếng Việt, 中文, Tagalog, Visayan

6. Where can I apply for these programs? Call the California Employee Development Department (EDD)

  • English 1(800) 300-5616
  • Español 1(800) 326-8937
  • 廣東話 1(800) 547-3506
  • 普通話 1(866) 303-0706
  • Tiếng Việt 1(800) 547-2058
  • TTY 1(800) 815-9387

Calculate your benefits at sccfairworkplace.org

Additional Resources

Share on Facebook!




©2022 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.